This pasta dish is so fresh and light, and is ready in less than 15 minutes. It’s the perfect midweek dinner in a hurry. I love to use curly twirly pasta for this (the one in the picture if fusilli bucati) so that all the veggie strands wrap around the coils and stick really well. Children also think it’s fun (so fun that they won’t notice they are eating extra veg), so it’s really a winner all round.
Ready in 15 minutes
- 200g twirly pasta
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon thyme or oregano
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 100 ml tomato passatta
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Fill a large pan with boiling salted water
- Coarsely grate the carrot and courgette in the food processor or with a box grater
- Add your pasta to the water
- Put a large frying pan on the heat with a splash of oil. Chop the garlic and add to the pan with the herbs. Fry for a minute.
- Throw in your grated veggies and fry for a further 4 minutes until softened.
- Add in the passatta and lemon zest and juice, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow to simmer for a few minutes more until the pasta is ready.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stirring well.
- Bundle into bowls and top with nutritional yeast or chilli flakes, if you like.