You won’t believe how easy this fudge is. I swear it tastes better than most of the sweeties and treats you can buy in the shops, and it is ready in all of 3 minutes. It’s rich and fruity from the raisins, with a great cocoa kick, and a subtle hint of coconut. They were very popular at home and in the office, and I’d even rate them highly enough to give as a gift to any vegan, gluten-free, lactose-intolerant, or refine-sugar-free friends. I can’t recommend this highly enough.
Makes a small slab of about 12 squares- easy to double (or triple) up!!
Ready in minutes
- 80g raisins or sultanas
- 2 heaped tbsp. creamed coconut
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil (there’s normally a bit at the top of your packet of creamed coconut- so no need to buy it individually)
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. water
- optional- a scattering of nuts of your choice
- Chuck all of you ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and all stuck together
- If using nuts scatter them over your container. I used a small lunchbox- it doesn’t matter if you don’t reach the sides, as it will hold its shape anyway.
- Press the fudge mixture very firmly into the container, and even out on the top, so that it is about 1cm thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then cut into squares. Eat one. Then another. Repeat.
- This works really well stored in the fridge, and will keep for about a week.