Hey guys n gals! I never thought I’d see the day when I eschew porridge for some other form of oats. Fair enough if it’s a stack of French toast, but granola?
But times have changed, and I’ve baked this granola every Saturday AND Sunday for the last four weeks. It’s a little crunchy, a little sweet, and tastes amazing with oat milk and some sliced banana. Of course, given the icy weather I insist on some oat-milky chai tea on the side to warm me up 🙂
The secret ingredient here is a little bit of good extra virgin olive oil- it gives a subtle but beautiful fruitiness, and will keep your heart healthy this winter.
- 100g jumbo oats
- 1 heaped tbsp.coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- a handful of nuts and/or seeds
- a handful or raisins or sultana
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 5.
- Melt your coconut oil in a large bowl, and stir in the olive oil, honey, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Tip in your oats and stir well to get everything lightly coated. If you have nice toasty nuts like almonds and hazelnuts, chop and add them too. If you’ve got brazils, peanuts or seeds, then set them aside for later.
- Spread your mixture onto a tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- It’s ready! Throw in any remaining nuts and your raisins, stir it up and serve in order to guarantee an excellent start to your weekend.