Need some lunchspiration? I got you. This is a staple packed lunch of mine, absolutely jam-packed with protein, fibre and vitamins. It’s sweet, salty and beautiful, and easy to make in a big batch to last you a few days.
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 120g lentils
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- A small handful of olives
- A small handful of raisins/sultanas
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Heat the oven to gas mark 5/190’C. Halve your cherry tomatoes, and chop the carrot into a similar size to the tomatoes.
- On a large baking tray, toss the tomatoes with the oregano and a little oil, and toss the carrots with the cinnamon and a little oil. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the veg is ready, drain your din of chickpeas and add to the baking tray to crisp up.
- In the mean time, cook your lentils in boiling salted water. This takes about 15 minutes for the lentils I use, but the packet instructions should help you.
- Once the lentils, veg, and chickpeas are cooked, chuck them all into a bowl with the olives (sliced), lemon juice, and a tbsp. of olive oil.
- Mix well and eat up, or save for packed lunch.